Red Bull picked 20 artists, one of them Soco Freire, Brazilian Artist with a passion for color, for an explosion of emotions. She explains that her cooler was a declaration of love, to bring peace, “don’t worry be Happy” she said in her interview. All artists showed their talent and creativity in each cooler presented. A great opportunity to show how versatile one can be! Red Bull did an amazing choice of artists in the community. Young, fresh and bold. Photos by Hotspotorlando/AboutUS Magazine
This is one more step Soco has taken into her already conquered success in the USA. She is now known nationally, and it is our honor to have followed her career since the very beginning.
Soco Freire’s Art has been in Time Square NY, Miami, Orlando in several places and Brazil where she travels constantly to visit her fans. Following a complete list of all artists participating in the event.
20 Artists | 20 Coolers | 20 Venues
Celebrating Orlando’s most innovative contemporary artists as they turn their eye-catching designs into canvas-wrapped Red Bull coolers. You and a luminary panel of judges will vote two artists through to participate in a Red Bull Curates Canvas Cooler group exhibition this coming December in Miami during the 2014 Art Basel Season.
• Brandon McLean • Andrew Spear • Adaro Art • Winkstyles • Soco Freire • Gregorii • Marcos Cruz • Peter Van Flores III • DRES13 • Holly Tharp • Chris Rodriguez • Christopher Reason • SKIP • Lemus’ • Swamburger •
Peterson • Sean Hartman • Christie Miga • SPEN 1 • Wolfrich
• NV • Aloft • Elixir • PR Taco • Hawkers • Hammered Lamb • BBQ Bar • Shari • Wills Pub • Monkey Bar • Hen House • Lucky Lure • Santiagos Bodega • The Peacock Room • Cafe Tu Tu Tango • Orlando City Soccer • Whats2hot • Park Ave CD’s • Plush Studios • Space Bar
Luminary Judge Panel:
• Jay “Jbon” Bonadio // Owner @ Brimskins & JbonClothing
-All Brimskins & JbonClothing Products are produced in house at Cocoa Beach Warehouse location where everything is made by hand. JbonClothing is an original street wear brand that is retailed in over 3 dozen stores across the world including online outlets such as Karmaloop.com.
• Sam Flax // Owner @ Sam Flax Art Supply
-Not just for Artists ! Sam Flax has been around for almost 100 years, and over 20 years here in Orlando. Known for artists materials first and foremost, Sam Flax is much more :picture framing, Herman Miller Seating, stationery and fine pens, Giclee printing services on site, and of course
our overwhelmingly unique gift department.
• Patrick Kahn // Founder @ Snap! Cultural Events, Inc
-Patrick Kahn’s creative endeavors spans two continents and ranges from publishing a bi-annual fashion and art magazine in Los Angeles, to creating Snap! Orlando, one of the city’s fastest-growing art concepts.
• Patty Sheehan // Commissioner @ City of Orlando District 4
-Commissioner Patty Sheehan was first elected to the Orlando City Council in 2000. She served as President of the Colonialtown North Neighborhood Association, and is proud to come from a servant leadership background. Commissioner Sheehan attended the University of Central Florida and earned her B.A. in art.
• Coralie Claeysen-Gleyzon // Curator @ Jai Gallery
-Jai Gallery Director and Curator Coralie Claeysen-Gleyzon has worked in museums and art galleries across the globe, including the large 5-storey-high contemporary urban art museum URBIS in Manchester UK, and one of the highest profile galleries in the Middle East: The Third Line.
• Erin Sullivan // Editor @ Orlando Weekly
-Erin Sullivan is the editor of Orlando Weekly, an alternative newsweekly dedicated to strengthening the community by keeping readers informed about important local issues, arts, events and politics.
– DJ Bingo Balls
– Chris Bushnell