- From the colossal return of King Kong, to a “Galaxy Far, Far Away” coming closer than ever, to the launch of the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster — Orlando’s newest attractions are bigger, bolder and better-than-ever. The theme park capital of the world introduces must-see additions for visitors to create unforgettable summer vacations. Visitors this summer can save an additional 5% on already discounted attraction tickets at VisitOrlando.com/tickets with the New For Summer promo code: NFS2016. Offer available until June 15, 2016.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
- At Universal’s Islands of Adventure “Skull Island: Reign of Kong” will
honor one of the most monumental figures in movie history, King Kong.
Guests will board massive off-road vehicles and explore ancient temple
structures while encountering hostile natives and fending off
- A new tropical oasis will welcome guests at Universal Orlando Resort:
the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort. The new property is the fifth onsite
hotel at Universal Orlando Resort, featuring 1,000 rooms and suites with
an old-world Caribbean theme, built around a 16,000 square foot,
resort-style pool and towering waterfall. Rooms will be available for
booking starting July 14.WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT
- Epcot guests can cool off in the kingdom of Arendelle when the
highly-anticipated attraction “Frozen Ever After” opens in the Norway
Pavilion. The family adventure set in the magical world of “Frozen” will
feature the popular story of the royal sisters, hit songs and new
technology for an icy trek that is sure to warm hearts.
- A new flight path will open for the popular attraction “Soarin'” at
Epcot this summer. The updated version of the ride, called “Soarin’
Around the World,” includes a whole new film, taking guests on a journey
to far-flung lands, and accommodating more guests with the addition of
an extra theatre.
- Guests will discover new entertainment around every corner this summer
with the debut of four new shows across the parks. The Force has
awakened at Hollywood Studios, including a new character-filled stage
show already open, “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away,” and the upcoming
nightly “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” combining fireworks,
pyrotechnics, special effects and video projections to be the most
elaborate fireworks display to take place in the history of the park.
Animal Kingdom will feature a new night time show starting at the end of
May, “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” Show, inspired by the
live-action film. Meanwhile, Mickey Mouse and his friends will welcome
favorite characters from some of Disney’s newest classics in the live
stage show “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire,” debuting in June at the
- Thrill-seekers have a new challenge coming on June 10: “Mako,” a brand
new 200-foot-tall coaster. Named for one of the ocean’s fastest known
sharks, it will be Orlando’s tallest, fastest, and longest roller
coaster, reaching speeds of 73 mph as it races along 4,760 feet of steel
track. The hypercoaster will be the centrepiece of the newly-themed
two-acre plaza. The surrounding realm will be fully shark-themed,
providing guests with the opportunity to learn about the impact humans
have on sharks and why these animals are critical to the environment.
LEGOLAND FLORIDA RESORT
- As Central Florida heats up, guests can cool off at the new Creative
Cove at LEGOLAND Water Park. Now open, the new area invites young
- Premiering this May, a new 4D movie is coming to LEGOLAND: “LEGO NEXO
KNIGHTS 4D: The Book of Creativity.” Characters from the popular LEGO
NEXO KNIGHTS series battle forces of evil in this new immersive
experience, combining 3D computer animation with “4D,” real-world
effects that bring the high-tech action bursting off the screen and into
- A colorful summer is in store for visitors of Crayola Experience, with
the opening of Rockin’ Paper, an all-new attraction that will bring
personalized paper creations to life. Guests will start by decorating
paper creatures, then watch as they come alive and rock out in a show
all of their own, complete with lights and music. Each new set of paper
stars will dance to a different song, for a new experience every time.
- Find more information, including exclusive insider tips, opening dates as they are released and the latest news on Orlando’s summer happenings at VisitOrlando.com/blog.
SOURCE Visit Orlando